When I started my leave many, many hot and lazy days back I set up a bucket list for myself. I head back to work tomorrow, so I kinda feel I should see what I have (or haven’t) achieved. I’m going to go ahead and give myself some leeway here and extend this bucket list through the rest of summer. Til at least March, cause, like, damn, I’ve been lazy.
1. Take at least one road trip/day trip. Whoops. Not yet.
2. Make new friends (hi, Twitter. Let’s meet up). Did! Need to do more.
3. Spend time with my old friends. Achieved!
4. Finish the books on my To Read Pile. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
5. Take myself on at least three dates to some place I’ve never been before. I went on friend-dates to three places I’ve never been to, kinda counts?
6. Go to the beach. I swam in the complex pool…and a walk on Muizenberg…now to just spend an actual DAY in the sunlight (it burns us, precious).
7. See live music at least twice. One gig, half way there. But saw two theatre shows.
8. Buy the prettiest summer dress (that I can also wear to work). CANNOT FIND A DRESS
9. Do one touristy thing (red bus, table mountain, cape point – who’s game?) Does going to the Aquarium count? Even though I go often?
10. Say yes to one thing I’d usually say no to (except coke. Always say no to coke). Kinda did.