Something else stolen from Tails of a Mermaid. This is a personal blog, so why not be all personal and up in my own grill and overshare. Plus, it reminds me of Myspace and early Facebook days with all those ‘omg totes about me’ questionnaires. I’m a sucker for them.
1. List 5 random facts about yourself
– I’m obsessed with pandas. Seriously. It’s my life long dream to hug a panda.
– I could happily live off potatoes for the rest of my life. My Irish blood is strong.
– My left elbow has a habit of cracking really loudly at least three times a day.
– My favourite word is duck. I like the way it sounds in my mouth.
– I struggle to find the order of letters unless I sing the alphabet song.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
– Surgery/general anesthetic. Long story made short: had an operation to extract teeth when I was about 6 years old. Had an allergic reaction. Almost died. THE END.
– People I love dying. Like when someone’s meant to SMS you that they’re home after a night out and they don’t? Yeah, I’m sure they’re dead. I don’t know why. Maybe I’m just morbid.
– Interviewing people. Not like Job Interviews (I get a little sadistic kick out of asking people unexpected questions). But like, having to interview people for stories.
3. List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
– You will have a boyfriend. And be loved. And have your heart broken.
– Those high school bitches? Yeah. You’ll meet them again. And you know what? You’ll actually awkwardly have conversations and pretend the past doesn’t exist. And it’ll be ok.
– It does get better. It really, really does.
– Friends will come and go, but some people will always be part of your life. No matter the distance or time, some soul mates are just meant to be.
– In ten years time, you’ll work for that magazine you love. YOU GO ROCKSTAR.
4. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
– Whatsapp messages from my distant soul sisters: Clara and Natsumi.
– The BF and the CT Bestie. They always make me laugh. Plus the Bestie and I can have whole conversations in monosyllables and sighs. Winning.
– My Kindle. I can read all the books in all the places all of the time
– Bed. Oh my god. Sleeping. And naps. ALL THE BED.
– My pink doc martens
5. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
– A pause button, I need more time in my life.
– A panda.
– A flat with more than one room.
6. What is your dream job, and why?
– I used to say novelist, but I already have so many arguments with words. Right now, a professional panda hunger would be rad.
7. What are 5 passions you have?
Can I have a sidebar here? I hate the word ‘passion’. If I read one more CV with the phrases ‘passion for magazines’, ‘passionate about writing/English’ – I may shoot people.
– Cats. I have a cat sense. I can spot a cat or cat object in .6 seconds. Same goes for pandas. Yes. I’m a crazy cat lady. Bam.
– Books. At the moment, I’m just loving cheesy YA novels. I could just read all day.
– Yoga. It’s probably the only reason I am vaguely sane.
– Do people really have time for this many passions?
– Really? Five?
8. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
– Every day. Tripping over my feet, singing to myself on the train, talking to myself in shopping centres under my breath. The other day I was so busy BBMing I nearly walked into a pole.9. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
– People who constantly put themselves down on social media (cue posts of ‘omg! you’re totes amaze!)
– The phrases: ‘Know what I’m saying?’, ‘Do you get what I mean?’, ‘You know?’ tacked on to the end of every damn sentence.
– Nail polish chipping mere hours after having painted my nails.
– People who make that snorking sounds. (that sound when people sniff so hard and suck the snot into their throats? that.)
– People who don’t understand personal space on a train. Crowded trains, fine, I’ll deal. When there’s plenty of space, no need to be all about in my breastage while we stand.
– Cold coffee.
– Renee Zellweger and Hillary Swank’s faces. (agreed with this. I’ll add: Anne Hathaway)
– Everyone getting engaged all the time.
– Slow moving people. GET MOVING, PEOPLE. Life’s ending ONE SECOND AT A TIME. There’s places to GO. Stuff to DO.10. Describe a typical day in your current life.
– Wake up. Groan. Yoga. Make-up and clothes. Coffee and breakfast. Train. Work. Work. Work. Work. Overtime. Train. Make food. Blob. Shower. Dishes. Reading. Beeeeeeeed.11. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
– Getting over yourself.12. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
– Yeah. Totally just bailing by this point.There were like 8 more questions. But you know what’s better than eight more questions?
(Also, I broke the formatting on the blog and don’t know how to fix it. Deal.)