For years I’ve posted this on Facebook as we head towards the end of every year. Why not start posting it here?
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Lived alone, relied on public transport, created production schedules for work
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any, never do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn’t leave the country!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A flat with more than one room. A kitty to live with me. And a partridge in a pear treeee.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
10 November: Watched my life-long best friend get married. Best weekend ever. I finally understand why people cry at weddings. It was totally perfect.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Bargaining my insurance down to lower than original price. Yeah, I’m THAT adult. Getting over the loss of two much-blogged-about friendships.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No failures, only lessons.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Flu, flu, flu and more flu.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
It was bought FOR me, a Bon Jovi ticket!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All my friends had a pretty kick-ass year.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living expenses 😛
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New flat (after a while). Getting my hair back to it’s natural colour.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Just Bieber – the Believe album (yes, I said it)
Jimmy Nevis – ‘Heartboxing’ & ‘Elephant Shoes’
Taylor Swift – ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier, the same, poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taking it easy and not stressing my self out so much. With so many hectic deadlines this year, I worked myself to near burnout. But next year will have the same kind of deadlines, it’s not worth the level of exhaustion I pushed myself into. <- yeah, that. again.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Missing people who didn’t/don’t miss me back.
20. How will you spend Christmas?
Most likely with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Stayed in love
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
Fringe, Pretty Little Liars, Homeland, The Vampire Diaries, Castle, White Collar, The X-Files
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I’m not even angry anymore.
24. What was the best book you read?
I can’t remember what I read this year 😛
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A flat! (Almost) My natural hair colour! The perfect bridesmaid dress! Stuff! Things!
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
I watched movies this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25 – had a picnic in the park with lovely friends.
30. What one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Pretty & comfortable. Or jeans and a vest T. <- that. Still.
32. What kept you sane?
Tarryn, Jovan and my family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
….wow, i lived under a rock this year!
Oh, those American Republicans annoyed me!
35. Who did you miss?
Two former friends
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet anyone new. I stayed in a tiny hole and avoided humanity. Cause I am lame.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I cannot control everything, or even most things, no matter how hard I try or how much I want to.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on – Robert Frost
Ok. That’s not a song lyric. But. Um. DEAL.