I know what you’re thinking: she’s a crazy lady so DUH, she sees her animal self as a cat. Alas not. I wish I were a cat. Aloof, arrogant, independent, self-righteous, confident, sassy – basically awesome and fully believing in my own awesomness as ruler of the world. But I’m not that. Not even close.
I am, in fact, a Chiuaua. Need, annoying and overly neurotic. Let me break it down for you.
- I believe that I’m bigger, stronger and fiercer than I really am. Ask The Boyfriend. I still try prove I can beat him in an arm wrestling match. I am the biggest and the best. Fact, Alsatian-face.
- I’m all bark and no bite. I make a hell of a ruckus when I’m upset, but when it comes down to it, do I actually do anything? Do I act on my wild plans of revenge and snarky comebacks? No, mostly I run away in fear. Or cower to the will of another.
- I can’t let go. I get attached to issues, people and things like a chiuaua with a squeaky toy and when this happens, hell no I won’t let go. Not til that squeaky toy is well and truly slobbered on and chewed through and I am certain that I cannot chew it anymore (mostly because there’s nothing left to chew on). Maybe it’s stubbornness. Maybe insanity. Maybe thoroughness. But probably insanity.
- I’m neurotic as hell. Totally overly nervous and anxious. I even whine when I’m nervous. I sometimes even paw things. Really.
- I’m easily frightened. I guess it goes with the above, but seriously – clap next to me and I’ll jump out of my skin.
What’s your animal self? Are you an all out crazy party iguana? Maybe you’re a laid back tortoise. Even better, who’s your animal inspiration?